Four-star wide receiver Marquez Ezzard, who committed to Florida State in July, announced that he’s decommitted from the Seminoles and will reopen his recruitment on Saturday via Twitter.
“After much prayer and discussion, I have decided to decommit from Florida State and open recruitment. I look forward to the many opportunities that God will place in my pathway and pray that you respect my decision by allowing the opportunity to finish my senior season without distraction and/or interview.”
Ezzard ranks as the No. 11 athlete and No. 268 overall prospect for the 2018 national recruiting cycle, according to the 247Sports Composite.
The senior told Rivals that he lost the connection to FSU that led to his commitment earlier this year.
“Things just didn’t feel right for me anymore. I have not really been thinking about this that long, but things just changed for me. I just don’t feel Florida State is the best fit for me, so I am going to look at my other options.”
Alabama is the only other school that Ezzard has visited this season. He is on pace to graduate in December and is expected to enroll early at the school he chooses, so his decision should come very soon.
“I will be fine,” Ezzard told Rivals. “I know this is the right thing to do.
“A lot of schools have been trying to talk to me for a while now, so I will just see how it goes. Oregon, USC, Florida and a lot of other schools want me to take official visits, so I will start to look at those.
“I have not really thought about the visits much yet.”