Brenton Cox is one of the more coveted recruits in the class of 2018 as he already has 25 offers from some of the big programs like Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Tennessee, Florida and others. However, he’s mostly interested in Ohio State and Georgia right now as he’s already taken three trips to the former’s campus.
RELATED: Brenton Cox hints at top two schools
The 6’5″, 247-pound defensive end took yet another visit to the Buckeyes this past weekend and it sounds like he is getting pretty close to making his decision. He told 247Sports that he’s close to making his decision and is likely to commit this week.
“I’ll announce sometime this week. I’ll make a video. It won’t be (Monday), but sometime this week. I’m done with my visits,” said Cox.
He’s made it clear that he’s down to Georgia and OSU and while he’s been high on the Buckeyes for some time, 247Sports is predicting he’ll land elsewhere. The crystal ball on the recruiting site gives Georgia a 78 percent chance of landing him with Ohio State getting the other 22 percent.
The site also has him ranked as the No. 2 defensive end in the country by their metrics and the No. 5 recruit in the state of Georgia as well as the No. 47 recruit in the entire country.