Asante Samuel Jr. may be following his father’s footsteps as a cornerback, but the four-star CB won’t be attending the same college his father did.

Samuel Jr., who attend the Florida State Seminoles’ spring game this week, hasn’t committed anywhere yet, but he did reveal that the Seminoles were the current favorites, and a lot of it may have to do with his mother.

Via 247sports:

“Samuel Jr. visited FSU in February and the Seminoles were his favorite exiting that visit. He didn’t commit at that time, due in part to the fact that his mother was unable to accompany him on that visit and he wanted her to have an opportunity to check out the school. She, along with his father and brother, was along for the journey on Saturday.

“She loved it up here,” Samuel Jr. said. “She said it was better than she thought. She just feel like it is a family and she can leave me up here by myself without any problems.”

With his mother being in favor of Samuel Jr. committing to the Seminoles, one would think the Seminoles are in a good position to get his commitment to play for Charles Kelly and Florida State.

According to 247sports Crystal Ball Rankings, Florida State has an 85% chance of landing Samuel Jr. and Miami has a 15% chance.

Son of Super Bowl champ is closer to committing now that he has approval from crucial source

Fanbuzz - Sports News - NFL | NCAA | NBA | WWE Studio

Stories You Might Like