Florida (3-0, 1-0) takes on Tennessee (2-1, 0-0) this Saturday at 3:30 p.m. Florida currently holds a ten-game win streak over the Vols — the last time Tennessee beat Florida was the year 2004. So in honor of this fact, we decided to put together a list of ten things that were happening the last time the Vols beat Florida.
1) Facebook just launched, and it was called “Thefacebook” — Founder Mark Zuckerburg launched what we know now as Facebook in 2004. The site at the time though, was called “thefacebook” and looked a little something like this.
2) Nick Saban was leaving LSU and on his way to the NFL — Saban was off to the Miami Dolphins, where he ended up only staying for the 2005 and 2006 seasons. I think we all know where he went next.
3) The iPhone wasn’t even invented yet — The latest apple product was the Apple mini iPod, which in 2004 had an availability of four different colors.
4) Ruben Studdard was still relevant — Studdard was still a thing, and this single “Sorry” actually made it to the ninth spot on the Billboard Top 100. Yep, this one.
5) George W. Bush was re-elected — Bush defeated John Kerry to be reelected for a second term in 2004.
6) The Boston Red Sox won a World Series for the first time since 1918 — 2004 was the year the Red Sox overcame the “Curse of the Bambino.”
7) Lance Armstrong’s “Live Strong” bracelets were a thing — Who would’ve thought in 2004 that Armstrong would turn out to be a lying, cheating horrible person all along?
8) 2004 marked the final season of the hit show “Friends” — Has it really been 11 years?
9) Paris Hilton’s “That’s Hot” saying was the rage — This was also the year that Donald Trump’s show The Apprentice was popular along with his catch phrase “you’re fired!”
10) The New England Patriots were still defending a Super Bowl — The Pats were coming off of a Super Bowl XXXIX title in 2004, in which they defeated the Philadelphia Eagles 24-21. Can’t confirm that they were deflating footballs at this point.