Despite widespread controversy over Electronic Arts’ (EA) handling of the Star Wars IP, developer support of Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is proceeding as normally following the game’s full launch last Friday. The studio’s first patch arrived this morning in fact, and provides no small number of tweaks and fixes to some of the shooter’s more glaring issues.
For starters, multiple problems regarding player and vehicle spawning have been addressed; Tatooine spawns have been “tweaked,” while the time between waves on the Strike game mode has been reduced from 10 seconds down to 5. Similarly, Armored Assault Tanks (AAT) will no longer spawn underneath Multi-Troop Transport (MTT) vehicles during Galactic Assault matches, and players attempting to deploy inside an All-Terrain Recon Transport (AT-RT) on Hoth will now actually do so.
In addition to many more bug fixes, issues regarding the player’s HUD and UI have also been patched. Attempting to aim down the sights of a weapon will now no longer fail to properly hide HUD elements during the campaign, while certain elements on the HUD will begin updating correctly during Strike. Text should no longer overlap while opening Crates or examining the descriptions of Star Card Traits, as well.
Star Wars: Battlefront 2 has undergone a significant level of scrutiny from the gaming community over the last two weeks. Following the discovery that unlocking heroes in the game could require as many as 40 hours of gameplay, numerous websites and forums on the Internet joined together in criticizing EA for its apparently greedy design choices, eventually resulting in an investigation by the Belgian Gaming Commission and a boycott that has seemingly reduced sales by 60% of the first installment.
Check out the patch notes below for a more in-depth summary of today’s changes, or check out the official post from the developers over the Battlefront website.
- Reduced the spawn wave timer on Strike from 10 to 5 seconds.
- Tweaked spawn positions on Tatooine.
- Fixed an issue where the players would sometimes not be able to deploy as the AT-AT.
- Fixed an issue where Rey’s lightsaber would sometimes disappear.
- Fixed an issue where joining a game after getting a friend invite would trigger the incorrect camera view.
- Fixed an issue where footprint marks would sometimes leave strange lines on the ground when walking.
- Fixed an issue in Starfighter Assault where killstreaks would not calculate correctly.
- Fixed an issue where weapon VFX went out of sync when quickly transitioning between 1st and 3rd person camera.
- Fixed an issue where the NT-242 would cause too much damage against the AAT.
- Fixed an issue where controller input would be lost intermittently in the UI.
- Fixed an issue where the charge would float in mid-air on certain objectives in Strike.
- Fixed an issue in single player where some objectives did not trigger as intended, causing players to get stuck on certain objectives.
- Fixed an issue where Kylo Ren’s appearance reverts to the default version after he has been eliminated.
- Fixed an issue that prevented player to deploy in the AT-RT during the first phase of Galactic Assault on Hoth.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would not update correctly on Strike.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the environment on Jakku while playing Strike.
- Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes get stuck in the loading screen while loading the campaign.
- Fixed an issue where players could interact with game mode objectives from greater distances than intended.
- Fixed an issue where certain HUD element were visible when in ADS while playing campaign.
- Fixed an issue where players would get progress toward Bossk specific milestones when playing as Han Solo.
- Fixed an issue where the TL-50 alternate fire loses functionality until fired again when swapping back and forth between weapons during the campaign.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the pause menus when reloading checkpoints in the campaign.
- Fixed an issue where the AAT would sometimes spawn beneath the MTT in Galactic Assault, rendering it unable to move.
- Fixed an issue where the game would freeze if players attempt to pause the game at certain zone transitions.
- Fixed several graphical and texture issues that would occur during the campaign.
- Fixed an issue that would cause texture flickering on Multi-GPU configurations.
User Interface & HUD
- Fixed an issue where text would overlap in the Crate opening screen.
- Fixed an issue where text would overlap in the Star Cards Trait description screen.
- Fixed an issue where text would have bad line breaks in the account sign-up flows.
- Fixed an issue where card names are cut off incorrectly in the Equip & Craft screens.
- Fixed an issue where certain Hero names overflows in the Character select screen in Heroes vs Villains.
- Fixed an issue where several ability names have bad line breaks in the Collection screen.
- Fixed an issue where switching between screens would sometimes cause problems with the UI.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Social Hub system to behave incorrectly if a players account had more than 100 friends.
- Fixed an issue where Weapons & Star Cards equipped on Iden from the Character screen does not reflect in-game.
- Fixed an issue where some Star Cards would be available without their required Star Level being achieved.
- Fixed an issue where progress is not tracked correctly in the UI for certain milestones.
- Fixed several typos or incorrect information displayed in the Trooper Milestones.
- Fixed several issues where localized text did not appear correctly in certain screens.
- Fixed several issues where text would have spelling errors for certain languages.
- Updated art for certain Star Cards.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s saved data would be erased if starting the game with no controllers connected.
- Fixed several clipping issues that would occur during the campaign.
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Fixed several collisions issues.