Chris Jericho is coming off arguably his most successful WWE run, re-creating his character and becoming one of the organization’s must-see characters on a weekly basis.
According to Sports Illustrated, the 46-year-old Jericho may walk away entirely:
”It’ll be a long time before I go back,” Jericho said. ”If I ever do go back, if I never go back, it’s fine. If I never wrestle another match, it wouldn’t bother me.”
Just weeks ago, Jericho’s first night on Smackdown Live! was derailed when Kevin Owens won back his title and wrote the former champion off of WWE television with a brutal post-match beatdown.
Jericho has won nearly every major title across all promotions, but most notably he’s a former WWE Champion and five-time World Heavyweight Champion.
2017 WWE Chris Jericho Premier Show Results
Backlash | May 21, 2017 | Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois | Smackdown
Payback | April 30, 2017 | SAP Center in San Jose, California | Raw
- Chris Jericho def. Kevin Owens (c) by submission to win the United States Championship
WrestleMania 33 | April 2 2017 | Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida | Raw and Smackdown
- Kevin Owens def. Chris Jericho (c) to win the WWE United States Championship
Fastlane | March 5, 2017 | BMOP Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Raw
- Goldberg def. Kevin Owens following a distraction from Chris Jericho to win the WWE Universal Championship
Royal Rumble | January 29, 2017 | Alamo Dome in San Antonio, Texas | Raw and Smackdown
- Kevin Owens (c) def. Roman Reigns in a no DQ match to retain the United States Championship as Chris Jericho was suspended in a shark cage above the ring
- Randy Orton def. Big Cass, Chris Jericho, Kalisto, Mojo Rawley, Jack Gallagher, Mark Henry, Braun Strowman, Sami Zayn, Big Show, Tye Dillinger, James Ellsworth, Dean Ambrose, Baron Corbin, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Sheamus, Big E, Rusez, Cesar, Xavier Woods, Bray Wyatt, Apollo Crews, Dolph Ziggler, Luke Harper, Brock Lesnar, Enzo Amore, Goldberg, The Undertaker and Roman Reigns to win the Royal Rumble and become the No. 1 contender for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 33