WWE Extreme Rules takes place Sunday evening, at 8 p.m. ET on the WWE Network live from Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, Maryland.
Brock Lesnar is the WWE Universal Champion, and after Braun Strowman suffered a fractured elbow, Samoa Joe was decided as the new No. 1 contender after beating Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor and Bray Wyatt.
2017 WWE Extreme Rules: Live updates for Sunday, June 4
WWE Universal Championship No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 5-Way Match: Samoa Joe def. Finn Balor, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt
The match starts with chaos, but Reigns is clearing house, taking out Wyatt, Joe and now Balor. Wyatt and Joe are now effectively taking out Reigns, Balor and Rollins with the ring stairs, literally circling the ring and knocking each guy down.
Rollins breaks up the alliance, knocking Wyatt to the outside and Joe down on the inside. Rollins tries to attack the Eater of Worlds on the outside, but is stopped. Wyatt hits a DDT to Rollins onto the ring steps. Joe locks in the Coquina Clutch inside the ring on Balor, but he reverses and double stomps Joe. Wyatt attacks him with a chair, then lays out Reigns with the chair. Wyatt sets the chair in the corner and sets Balor up in front of it. Joe tries to tackle Balor, but the former champ reverses and sends him into the chair in the corner.
Reigns powers up with a drive-by on Joe, powerbombs Balor and hits a big boot on Joe before nailing a stiff clothesline on Wyatt. Reigns loads up for the Superman punch before Joe pulls him out of the ring. Wyatt meets them on the outside and slams Reigns on top of the announcer’s table. Rollins tries to dive on the outside onto Wyatt, but he sends Joe into the diving attack. Rollins jumps off the top rope back inside the ring into Wyatt, who hits the Sister Abigail. One-two-Joe breaks up the pin attempt and their partnership has ended.
Balor gets back in the ring, and he’s on fire with a chair, taking the action to Wyatt and Joe. Balor sets Wyatt up on the announcer’s table, Joe grabs him from behind to lock in the Coquina Clutch, but Reigns spears them both through the barricade.
Rollins gets to the top rope and hits an insane frog splash on Wyatt through the announcer’s table. He’s immediately clutching his surgically repaired knee.
Rollins and Reigns circling each other in the ring. Reigns reverses Rollins, hitting the Superman Punch. He only gets a two count before setting up in the corner for the spear. Rollins reverses into a rollup. Only gets the two-count, so he hits a frog splash for the same result. Rollins goes to hit a phoenix splash, but misses. Wyatt enters the ring and is speared by Reigns. Rollins hits a buckle bomb to Reigns, who responds with a Superman punch to Rollins. He then hits Balor with a Superman punch. Balor reverses the spear into the slingblade. Balor hits the double foot stomp and Joe locks in the Coquina Clutch to choke out Balor. Joe is the No. 1 contender after Balor passes out!
WWE Cruiserweight Championship Submission Match: Neville def. Austin Aries
Austin Aries starts off hot, but after a double axe handle off the top rope, he appears to tweak his knee. Neville takes advantage and kicks his injured left knee as Aries attempts to get in the ring and it’s all Neville attacking the injury.
Aries makes a comeback, but Neville reverses a diving dropkick from the top rope and the champ locks in the Rings of Saturn. Aries escapes after a rope break. Aries finds his way to the top rope and hits a Sunset Flip into a Last Chancery! Neville slips to the outside, but Aries keeps the hold locked in as the champ taps, BUT they’re on the outside and the ref won’t call the bell. They get back in the ring and Neville eventually gets out of the way. Neville hits the Red Arrow onto Aries’ back and immediately locks in the Rings of Saturn again to get the tap.
Steel Cage Match for WWE Raw Tag Team Championship: Cesaro & Sheamus def. the Hardy Boyz (Matt & Jeff Hardy)
Sheamus and Cesaro make a run up the cage to start the bout, but the Hardys pull them back in. The champs have their opponents seated between the rope and cage and are slamming their heads against the cage as the crowd chants “DELETE.”
The Hardys lay out Cesaro and Sheamus and make their way up the cage, but the challengers come up and get them. Jeff Hardy has escaped, but Matt Hardy is pulled back in. It’s now 2-on-1 with the challengers against Matt Hardy. Matt Hardy is on the top of the cage and Jeff Hardy has climbed back up to get his brother, but the challengers drag Matt Hardy back into the ring. Cesaro and Sheamus hit a double powerbomb off the top rope, and Jeff Hardy is trying to get back into the cage.
Matt Hardy nearly escapes after knocking both competitors down, but Cesaro hits an uppercut on the top of the cage before Sheamus hits White Noise from the top rope! Jeff Hardy climbs back up to the top of the cage and hit Whisper in the Wind from the top of the cage! It was a race between the four as Matt Hardy pulled Jeff Hardy toward the cage door as Cesaro and Sheamus climbed over the top of the cage. Cesaro and Sheamus’s feet hit first and we’ve got new champs.
Kendo Stick on a Pole Match for WWE Raw Women’s Championship Match: Alexa Bliss def. Bayley
Both women make a run for the kendo stick early on, and it’s already off the pole. Bliss reverses Bayley and gets the kendo stick and is beating the hell out of the former champ. Bayley manages to a reverse a swing with the kendo stick and hits the Bayley to Belly, but the current Women’s Champion recovers quickly. She hits Bayley again with the kendo stick, DDTs her and keeps the title.
Elias Samson is in the ring and literally just played a song.
Sasha Banks & Rich Swann def. Alicia Fox & Noam Dar
Dar and Swann dual early, but he dips out and tags in Fox, which forces Sasha Banks to enter the ring. Banks reverse a tilt-a-whirl into the Bank Statement, but Dar pulls her leg to the rope after coaxing Swann into distracting the ref.
After a slight comeback, Banks does work on the inside and knocks Fox outside before hitting a double knee dive on Dar after he tried to save his girlfriend. After Dar finds his way into the ring, Swann sets up for the Phoenix Splash and this one is all over.
Intercontinental Championship match (if Ambrose gets DQ’d, he loses the title): the Miz def. Dean Ambrose
Ambrose starts the match off aggressively, attacking Miz and backing him into a corner. WWE teases the disqualification early on, as Ambrose let up on Miz after the count of four in the corner. Ambrose picks up a chair, and they tease another potential DQ before he drops it. Miz fires up and seems to have all the momentum before attempting to hit a double axe handle. Ambrose reverses into Dirty Deeds, but before he can hit it, Miz reverses into the Skull Crushing Finale. Ambrose gets out of that one and we’re back at a stalemate. Maryse tries to get Ambrose disqualified after she slapped Miz, but the ref won’t make the call, instead sending her to the back.
While the ref was discussing another potential disqualification with Ambrose, Miz hit the Skull Crushing Finale on Ambrose for his seventh Intercontinental Championship.
Kalisto def. Apollo Crews on the Extreme Rules Kickoff Show
In a back-and-forth contest, Kalisto came out on top, defeating Apollo Crews for the second time in three weeks with Titus O’Neil at ringside.
2017 WWE Extreme Rules: TV info for Sunday, June 4
Sunday, June 4, 2017, 8 p.m. ET | Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, Maryland | WWE Network
2017 WWE Extreme Rules: Spoilers and rumors for Sunday, June 4
According to Wrestling Observer, Joe is slated to have a “one-and-done” rivalry with Lesnar, setting up Strowman-Lesnar for SummerSlam.
2017 WWE Raw Premier Shows
Great Balls of Fire | July 9, 2017, 8 p.m. ET | American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas | WWE Network
No Mercy | September 24, 2017, 8 p.m. ET | Staples Center in Los Angeles, California | WWE Network
2017 WWE Smackdown Live! Premier Shows
Money in the Bank | June 18, 2017, 8 p.m. ET | Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri | WWE Network
Battleground | July 23, 2017, 8 p.m. ET | Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania | WWE Network
2017 Joint WWE Raw and Smackdown Live! Premier Shows
SummerSlam | August 20, 2017, 7 p.m. ET | Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York | WWE Network
Survivor Series | November 19, 2017, 7 p.m. ET | Toyota Center in Houston, Texas | WWE Network
Rumored 2017 Premier Shows
Unknown Event | October 8, 2017, 8 p.m. ET | Detroit, Michigan | Smackdown | WWE Network
Hell in a Cell | October 22, 2017, 8 p.m. ET | Houston, Texas | Raw | WWE Network
Tables, Ladders and Chairs | November 2017, 8 p.m. ET | Smackdown | WWE Network
Clash of Champions | December 2017, 8 p.m. ET | Raw | WWE Network
Roadblock | December 2017, 8 p.m. ET | Smackdown | WWE Network
2017 WWE Premier Show Results
Backlash | May 21, 2017 | Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois | Smackdown
- Pre-show: Tye Dillinger def. Aiden English
- Shinsuke Nakamua def. Dolph Ziggler
- The Usos (Jimmy & Ley Uso) (c) def. Breezango (Tyler Breeze & Fandango) to successfully defend the Smackdown Tag Team Championship
- Sami Zayn def. Baron Corbin
- The Welcoming Committee (Natalya, Tamina & Carmella) (w/ James Ellsworth) def. Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch & Naomi by submission
- Kevin Owens (c) def. AJ Styles by count out to retain the United States Championship
- Luke Harper def. Erick Rowan
- Jinder Mahal (w/ the Singh brothers) def. Randy Orton (c) to win the WWE Championship
Payback | April 30, 2017 | SAP Center in San Jose, California | Raw
- Pre-show: Enzo Amore & Big Cass def. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
- Chris Jericho def. Kevin Owens (c) by submission to win the United States Championship
- Austin Aries def. Neville by DQ in a match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
- The Hardy Boyz (Matt & Jeff Hardy) (c) def. Cesaro & Sheamus for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
- Alexa Bliss def. Bayley (c) to win the WWE Raw Women’s Championship
- Seth Rollins def. Samoa Joe
- Bray Wyatt def. Randy Orton in a House of Horrors match
- Braun Strouman def. Roman Reigns
WrestleMania 33 | April 2 2017 | Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida | Raw and Smackdown
- Pre-show: Neville (c) def. Austin Aries to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
- Pre-show: Mojo Rawley def. Primo, Kalisto, Simon Gotch, Heath Slater, Jey Uso, Goldust, Konnor, Big Show, Viktor, Braun Strowman, Curt Hawkins, R-Truth, Rhyno, Aiden English, Curtis Axel, Jimmy Uso, Jason Jordan, Chad Gable, Tyler Breeze, Fandango, Sin Cara, Mark Henry, Tian Bing, Epico, Bo Dallas, Apollo Crews, Dolph Ziggler, Luke Harper, Titus O’Neil, Sami Zayn, Killian Dain, Jinder Mahal to win the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
- Pre-show: Dean Ambrose (c) def. Baron Corbin to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship
- AJ Styles def. Shane McMahon
- Kevin Owens def. Chris Jericho (c) to win the WWE United States Championship
- Bayley (c) def. Charlotte Flair, Nia Jax and Sasha Banks to retain the WWE Raw Women’s Championship
- The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff Hardy) def. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson (c), Cesaro & Sheamus, and Enzo Amore and Big Cats in a Fatal 4-Way Ladder Match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
- John Cena & Nikki Bella def. The Miz & Maryse (Cena proposed to Bella following the victory)
- Seth Rollins def. Triple H
- Randy Orton def. Bray Wyatt (c) to win the WWE Championship
- Brock Lesnar def. Goldberg (c) to win the WWE Universal Championship
- Naomi def. Alexa Bliss (c), Becky Lynch, Natalya, Mickie James and Carmella (w/ James Ellsworth) in a Six-Women’s match to win the WWE Smackdown Women’s Championship
- Roman Reigns def. The Undertaker
Fastlane | March 5, 2017 | BMOP Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Raw
- Pre-show: Rich Swann & Akira Tozawa def. The Brian Kendrick & Noam Dar (w/ Alicia Fox)
- Samoa Joe def. Sami Zayn by knockout
- Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson (c) def. Enzo Amore & Big Cass to retain the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
- Sasha Banks def. Nia Jax
- Cesaro def. Jinder Mahal
- The Big Show def. Rusev (w/ Lana)
- Neville (c) def. Jack Gallagher to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
- Roman Reigns def. Braun Strowman
- Bayley (c) def. Charlotte Flair to retain the WWE Raw Women’s Championship
- Goldberg def. Kevin Owens following a distraction from Chris Jericho to win the WWE Universal Championship
Elimination Chamber | February 12, 2017 | Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona | Smackdown
- Pre-show: Mojo Rawley def. Curt Hawkins
- Becky Lynch def. Mickie James
- Apollo Crews & Kalisto def. Dolph Ziggler in a 2-on-1 Handicap match
- America Alpha (Chad Gable & Jason Jordan) (c) def. The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso), Ascension (Viktor & Konnor), The Vaudevillians (Aiden English & Simon Gotch), Breezango (Tyler Breeze & Fandango) and Heath Slater & Rhyno to retain the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship
- Nikki Bella vs. Natalya ended in a double countout
- Randy Orton def. Luke Harper
- Naomi def. Alexa Bliss (c) to win the WWE Smackdown Women’s Championship
- Bray Wyatt def. John Cena (c), AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, Dean Ambrose and The Miz to win the WWE Championship in an Elimination Chamber match
Royal Rumble | January 29, 2017 | Alamo Dome in San Antonio, Texas | Raw and Smackdown
- Pre-show: Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi def. Alexa Bliss, Natalya & Mickie James
- Pre-show: Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson def. Cesaro & Sheamus (c) to win the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
- Pre-show: Nia Jax def. Sasha Banks
- Charlotte Flair (c) def. Bayley to retain the WWE Raw Women’s Championship
- Kevin Owens (c) def. Roman Reigns in a no DQ match to retain the United States Championship as Chris Jericho was suspended in a shark cage above the ring
- Neville def. Rich Swann (c) to win the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
- John Cena def. AJ Styles (c) to win the WWE Championship, tying Ric Flair’s record 16-time reign
- Randy Orton def. Big Cass, Chris Jericho, Kalisto, Mojo Rawley, Jack Gallagher, Mark Henry, Braun Strowman, Sami Zayn, Big Show, Tye Dillinger, James Ellsworth, Dean Ambrose, Baron Corbin, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Sheamus, Big E, Rusez, Cesar, Xavier Woods, Bray Wyatt, Apollo Crews, Dolph Ziggler, Luke Harper, Brock Lesnar, Enzo Amore, Goldberg, The Undertaker and Roman Reigns to win the Royal Rumble and become the No. 1 contender for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 33