WWE Smackdown Live! broadcast live Tuesday night from the Air Canada Centre at 8 p.m. ET on the USA Network.
Main Event: Randy Orton def. Jinder Mahal
Orton took it to Mahal early, beating him around the ring and clearing off the announcer table. Orton got Mahal on the table, but the champ reversed, throwing him off the table into the barricade.
Back in the ring, Mahal took control of the bout, hitting a nasty knee into Orton’s face. Mahal set up for the cobra clutch slam, but Orton RKO’d him out of nowhere for the clean pin.
As the show went off the air, Rusev attacked Orton from behind.
The rest of the show
A video package with Shinsuke Nakamura becoming the No. 1 contender and Baron Corbin getting put through the announce table is shown before John Cena hits the stage.
Cena discussed losing to Nakamura before Corbin interrupted the former champ. Cena challenged Corbin to a fight, but Mr. Money in the Bank started to walk away before Daniel Bryan’s music hit to a huge pop. Bryan then announced Cena vs. Corbin for SummerSlam.
The Usos (Jimmy & Jey) def. Tye Dillinger & Sami Zayn by submission
Dillinger and Zayn got some good offense in and had the crowd amped. After some quick offense had Dillinger in position to win, the Usos took out his knee, then submitted the Perfect 10.
- After the match, they got on the mic and mimicked the New Day. New Day’s music hit and Big E trotted onstage before Kofi and Xavier Woods attacked them from behind. The duo got chairs from outside, but the Usos escaped from the ring before they were attacked.
- Randy Orton cut a promo ahead of his showdown with Jinder Mahal.
- Fashion Files backstage vignette was shown with Tyler Breeze and the Ascension, before Fandango and Arn Anderson eventually appeared.
Charlotte def. Lana by submission
Charlotte chuckled as Lana entered the ring and taunted her opposition early in the match. Lana slapped Charlotte in the face. Charlotte hit the ropes and connected on a big boot before locking in the figure-eight for the submission.
- Shane McMahon hit the ring to discuss his guest referee spot in Kevin Owen’s United States Championship match against A.J. Styles. Owens notes we’ve already had a McMahon screw over a Canadian before, a nod to Bret Hart-Shawn Michaels. The confrontation escalated to Owens shoving and punching Styles, who responded by Pele kicking McMahon in the head and knocking him down.
Mrs. Money in the Bank Carmella def. WWE Smackdown Women’s Champion Naomi (non-title match) by pinfall
Naomi controlled most of the match before James Ellsworth made his return, knocking the champ off the top rope. Carmella hit a superkick to pin the champ clear. Why didn’t she cash in before making the pinfall though? The finish there really doesn’t make much sense.
- Promo was shown for Shinsuke Nakamura ahead of his WWE Championship match at SummerSlam.