The LSU head coaching search appears to be heating up with the final few weeks of the regular season ahead of us. For the second time in less than a month, LSU athletic director Joe Alleva released a list of qualities his next head coach must have.
Below are the three new characteristics Alleva added in the most recent list:
- culture of excellence and character
- highest standards of integrity and work ethic
- accomplished leader
This differs a bit from Alleva’s first note, and we’ve got a check mark next to the ones he included in this one, but an “x” if he removed a detail from this version.
- He has to exhibit good leadership. (✔️)
- He has to have integrity. (✔️)
- He has to be able to motivate the team. (✔️)
- He has to have discipline and be accountable. (X)
- He has to have good organizational skills. (X)
- He has to possess adaptability, during a game and over time. (✔️)
- He has to be good at recruiting players and quality assistant coaches. (✔️)
- He has to exhibit good communication skills with players, fans, donors and the media. (X)
With wins in the next two weeks and a bowl game victory, LSU would match last year’s 9-3 record. But Ed Orgeron has done a masterful job of getting his team ready to compete on a weekly basis, losing only to Alabama since taking over as head coach.
We should have clarity on the coaching search in the coming weeks.