James Harden runs the floor for the Philadelphia 76ers, where the Sixers hope they can advance through the Boston Celtics, Miami Heat and New York Knicks in the playoffs. "The Beard," who used to ball out alongside sharpshooter Kevin Durant and miniature magician Kyrie Irving. The 2018 NBA Most Valuable Player became famous playing with Durant and Russell Westbrook on the Oklahoma City Thunder before moving on to the Houston Rockets, Brooklyn Nets and now the Sixers.
The 33-year-old superstar has won everything except an NBA championship, including an Olympic Gold Medal. Off the court, from California to Texas, Harden has been damn near as prolific. The NBA All-Star has dated everyone, from Instagram models to Influencers, to Kardashians, to other Instagram models. Let's just say that when he's "boyfriend James Harden," the man has a type. So who is, or has been, James Harden's girlfriend?
James Harden's Basketball Career
After setting high school at James Madison Senior High and college records at Arizona State, James Edward Harden Jr. was the No. 3 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft; a draft that included star basketball players like Blake Griffin and his archnemesis Wardell Stephen Curry. In the 2009 NBA Draft, Harden was very much Michael Jordan in 1984 Draft.
Jimbo Slice made the All-Rookie squad on his first try. He's earned a Sixth Man, an MVP, seven All-NBA selections, three scoring championships, and nine All-Stars appearances since.
On the court, the man has range. Off the court, Harden's love life is less creative.
If love is blind, then it is the blinding light of a phone screen. The NBA star's type: social media models and other C-list celebrities.
James Harden's Dating History & Rumors
For clarity's sake, let's at least attempt to look at this in chronological order.
- 2012 — In 2012, Harden was spotted on a date with Kenyon Martin's ex-wife Trina. Not much else is known about the short-lived relationship.
- 2013 — Instagram model Kyra Chaos reportedly made over $500K a year to be Harden's girlfriend.
- 2013-2015 — Some sources say her name is Sarah Bellew, others Sarah Vivan. Some sources say Harden and Sarah dated for two years, other sources say Harden dated the next two ladies on the list during that time.
- Summer 2014 — Harden took some photos with reality TV star Tahiry Jose, and that got people talking. The couple was never seen together again.
- Spring 2015 — Model Amber Rose flirtatiously teased Power105 in New York that she and Harden had a "special relationship" but "hadn't gotten the D yet." In Harden's defense, he never plays defense.
- 2015-16 — El Chapo once dated the eldest Kardashian. They met at a Kanye West party, but more on that later. Khloe Kardashian has dated enough NBA players to field a fairly formidable starting five. Their brief relationship was caught on camera in "Keeping Up with the Kardashians."
- 2017 — Harden exists in the multi-verse of Internet dating. Time becomes warped whenever The Beard nears, especially if you ask when he started dating someone. He may have been with Jessyka Janshel right after Khloe, during the next celebrity on the list, and for all I know, he might be texting her right now.
Ashanti Gets Her Own Section
Ashanti had all the hits, including "Rock Wit U", "Happy", "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." I gave her a distinct section to throw some respect on it.
Some say Harden left Ashanti, others vice versa. No matter the case, Harden soon had a fling with an Instagram model in Miami named "Arab Money."
Ashanti and Harden were on/off again at that point, anyway.
James Harden Has A Type
James Harden has a type and it often includes Instagram models, music video starlets and internet personalities like Brittany Renner.
Some sources report the Sixers shooting guard was cheated on last year by another Insta-madame named Shy. The alleged cheating occurred with fellow NBA player Kelly Oubre Jr. in Los Angeles.
This report only further muddles Harden's nebulous dating history.
Who is James Harden Dating Now?
The cybersecurity consultant attended several Rockets games, but paparazzi haven't seen her in Brooklyn or in Philadelphia yet.
Does It Affect His Game?
Adult website sent an email to the Brooklyn Nets offering a digital strip club for James Harden and the rest of the Brooklyn Nets. ???
— Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral) February 26, 2021
NBA star James Harden certainly has a reputation.
Fans clamor for a straw woman every time Harden doesn't score at least 30 points. Plenty of Houston fans think girlfriends caused on-court gaffes, but who knows? Maybe, sometimes, a bad game is just a bad game.
There is the legend of the Kardashian Kurse. It's a mysterious force that turns professional athletes into garbage and Harden was not immune. He didn't have the worst statistical year from 2015-2016, but he did tell Sports Illustrated that it was one of the worst years of his life.
The Kurse lives on...
The Kanye West Connection
There appears to be a thread named Ye running through Harden's dating life from 2015-2016. Amber Rose may have just been friends with the National Basketball Association superstar, but her raucous relationship with Chi-Town's finest is well-documented.
Then, of course, there's the Kardashians.
The NBA player and the hip hop rapper are friends, if only professionally speaking, and run with a similar group of celebrities. Some dating lines were bound to get crossed.
Want More Sports News?
Get the biggest and best sports news sent directly to your inbox.