More than a year ago, Hulk Hogan’s history with the WWE had been wiped clean from the organization’s website after an alleged racist rant emerged through leaked tapes.
Hogan reportedly used the n-word multiple times and admitted he was a racist to an extent in said video.
While Hogan has since publicly apologized for the rant as he’s worked to mend fences in the WWE, he discussed the situation with FOX News, in an episode of OBJECTified that airs on Sunday.
Here are highlights, via Wrestling Inc:
“When I heard this was going to happen, I called them on a Thursday or a Friday. As I hung up the phone that night, they fired me in the morning,” Hogan said. “It really caught me off guard, I didn’t expect it because the WWE knows who I am. I’m not that person, that’s not who I am and that’s not what I do.”
“I think they did what was best for business,” he said. “They were worried about losing sponsors and network support. It was tough, it hit me hard,” Hogan said. “When you look at a 40-year career, it’s just gone.”
WWE wiped any mention of Hogan from its website — including its Hall of Fame page, stopped selling Hogan merchandise and removed him from all future video games.
Hogan said he’s not sure if WWE will ever ask him to return.
Hogan will appear on the show Sunday, with an encore episode set to air after WWE’s No Mercy Sunday night at 11 p.m. ET.
FanBuzz, your source for the latest WWE news.