Sugar Ray Leonard reportedly dealt with a frightening situation at his Los Angeles home this week involving his youngest son.
Videos by FanBuzz
According to TMZ Sports, 25-year-old Daniel Ray Leonard was arrested early Wednesday morning after allegedly violating a restraining order connected to the family.
Law enforcement sources told TMZ that security personnel at Leonard's home contacted police after Daniel allegedly attempted to enter the property by trying exterior door handles around the residence.
When officers arrived, Daniel was reportedly found near the property's pool house and taken into custody without incident.
At first, reports described the suspect only as someone "known to the family." It was later confirmed that the person arrested was Leonard's son.
Daniel is one of four children of the former boxing superstar and is the son of Leonard and his ex-wife, Bernadette Robi.
Authorities said Daniel was arrested on suspicion of violating a restraining order. Additional details surrounding the order itself have not been made public.
So far, representatives for Leonard have not publicly commented on the incident.
The situation marks a deeply personal and difficult moment for one of boxing's most celebrated figures.
Leonard, 70, remains one of the sport's all-time greats, finishing his professional career with a 36-3-1 record and championships across multiple weight classes. Roberto Duran, Thomas Hearns and Marvin Hagler were among the legendary fighters tied to his era.
But this week, the focus shifted far away from the ring.
