It's been a recurring meme that Ohio State Buckeyes quarterbacks have typically struggled in the NFL, but incumbent Houston Texans starter and No. 2 overall draft pick from the 2023 NFL Draft, C.J. Stroud, is bucking that trend and fans are rewarding him the only way they know how—by creating a viral TikTok video commemorating his performance over the first six games of the 2023-24 season.
This TikTok about Ohio State QBs in the NFL is hilarious ??? pic.twitter.com/W3s6SXjz3P
— Drive The Lane (@DriveTheLanePod) October 17, 2023
The video features scenes from Diary of a Wimpy Kid where young students fail their singing auditions before they perform well.
The quarterbacks featured are Terrelle Pryor, Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, Justin Fields, and Stroud.
One notable omission was the late Dwayne Haskins.
Here's how each player performed in their careers:
- Pryor: 56.3% completion rate, 1,994 yards, nine touchdowns, 12 interceptions, 642 rushing yards, four touchdowns. He then converted to wide receiver, catching 115 passes for 1,563 yards and seven touchdowns.
- Miller: Converted to wide receiver. He caught 34 passes for 261 yards and two touchdowns.
- Barrett: Never threw a pass.
- Jones: Completed six of 11 passes for 96 yards and an interception.
- Fields: 60.1% completion rate, 5,314 yards, 35 touchdowns, 27 interceptions, 1,796 rushing yards, and 11 rushing touchdowns.
Through six games, Stroud just threw his first interception of his career against the New Orleans Saints.
For the first time in his NFL career, CJ Stroud throws an interception ?
Stroud was +120 to throw an interception today pic.twitter.com/6TAE4zwqHJ
— SportsBettingDime (@SBD) October 15, 2023
Stroud has completed 127 passes on 213 attempts for 1,660 yards, nine touchdowns, and one interception.
In 2022, the Texans won just three games. To start this year, the Texans are 3-3 and headed into a bye week. Coming out of it, the Texans and Stroud will face the Carolina Panthers on the road on October 29, where they'll more than likely be favored against the current 1-5 squad and their rookie quarterback, Bryce Young.
While helmet scouting is never advisable, the trend of Ohio State quarterbacks has been poor until Fields and Stroud both want to change that narrative.
Want More Sports News?
Get the biggest and best sports news sent directly to your inbox.