Advertisement

USC quarterback Sam Darnold still hasn’t made a decision on whether to declare for the 2018 NFL Draft or return for his redshirt junior season.

Darnold told media members that he wants to focus on spending time with his teammates before continuing to evaluate his options following Friday’s 24-7 loss in the Cotton Bowl to Ohio State.

”Right now I think I’m really just focused on hanging out with my teammates for the next couple of days, really just saying bye to the seniors because they put together such a great season.’’ he said, via the LA Times. “It’s tough. I’ll look at everything and make my decision after that.’’

Darnold was projected by many to be the No. 1 overall prospect in last year’s draft, but was prohibited from declaring. The redshirt sophomore has since failed to live up to lofty expectations and may have seen his draft stock decline.

Darnold threw five less touchdowns (26) and four more interceptions (13) in 2017 than the previous season, while the Trojans failed to make a College Football Playoff appearance, despite being a preseason favorite to finish in the top-4.

Still, Darnold has been out of high school for three years, which allows him to explore draft eligibility and should remain one of the top QB prospects for this year’s draft if he decides to declare.

Sam Darnold’s NFL Draft future is wavering after disastrous end to his season Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images
Jason has contributed to numerous websites in the past covering a wide range of sports including SEC football for the past four seasons. He began his journalism career as a student journalist at the University of Tennessee where he covered the Vols for the student radio station and newspaper. Here’s ...Read more
View More Articles

Fanbuzz - Sports News - NFL | NCAA | NBA | WWE Studio