4-star WR commit Darius Slayton makes incredible one-handed catch


Advertisement

UPDATE: Georgia commit Darius Slayton made one of the most athletic catches you'll see. This is the kind of catch that will get Bulldogs fans super excited to have him in Athens next season. Check out this catch in the video above.

UPDATE: Four-star WR Darius Slayton has committed to Georgia. Slayton committed to Georgia over Auburn, Tennessee and South Carolina. He is the 25th commit of the class of 2015.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvT2ycRu_HQ&w=560&h=315]

---------

Advertisement

As the rapper Drake says, "I go zero to 100 real quick." Greater Atlanta Christian School wide receiver Darius Slayton also goes zero to 100 real quick. His speed is the first thing you notice when he is on the football field. Slayton has been clocked at 4.4 in the 40-yard dash.

On the play below, Slayton, the Army All-American, makes one move to the inside and he's past the cornerback with his blazing speed, which helps him get this touchdown.

"I am going to be a game-changer," Slayton said. "I am going to be someone that can make plays and help the team win."

On this night, Slayton caught two touchdowns and helped his high school win 52-0. The most impressive part of Slayton's game -- the kid just doesn't rest.

Advertisement

Slayton plays wide receiver, cornerback, punt returner and kick returner. He's the Energizer bunny that keeps going.

20141003_202818

Darius Slayton also plays cornerback for Greater Atlanta Christian.

"I'm just a playmaker, man. Someone you got to prepare for as a team. You circle my name on the board. You got to work to cover or stop me."

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound receiver recently took his official visit to Athens. Slayton was impressed with the school, coaches and players. He felt at ease when he visited the Bulldogs.

"I felt very comfortable. I felt good around the coaches. I had been up there a couple of times and I know them pretty well. The players really embraced me and I felt like one of the guys."

Advertisement

Currently on 247Sports, 84 percent of the writers have predicted that Slayton will ultimately commit to the G. The other 16 percent have Slayton going to Auburn. One thing is certain, whatever school ends up getting Slayton is getting a bright kid who just wants to win football games. He's very humble and quiet, and doesn't care about the spotlight. You wouldn't think a wide receiver would be shy, but that's Slayton.

"That's just how I've been my entire life. I'm a little quiet. That's just how I am."

But don't mistake his quietness with a lack of aggression. On the field, Slayton plays loudly. He impacts the game every time he touches the field. He doesn't shy away from the football.

Georgia currently has four wide receivers committed for the class of 2015. However, that doesn't scare away the Norcross, Ga. native.

Advertisement

"You want to be a part of a good core of receivers. Everybody wants to be the main guy. The competition to me doesn't frighten me. I welcome that."

Slayton may not be much of a talker, but that doesn't matter. His talking his done catching touchdowns for his school.