Grayson Murray, Golf, PGA

Grayson Murray Believed To Have Died As Result Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Golfer Grayson Murray is suspected to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to a report from The Daily Mail. Murray died last week after withdrawing from the Charles Schwab tournament in Texas after two rounds.

His parents confirmed he committed suicide.

"The two-time PGA tour winner, 30, is believed to have left his Land Rover running in his ground-floor garage then headed upstairs as it pumped fumes into the three-story property in Palm Beach Gardens," the Daily Mail wrote. "A worried neighbor heard prolonged, noisy revving at around 12:30 am Saturday but when he wandered along the street to investigate it had stopped."

PGA officials said they were "devastated" over the news. Murray withdrew after two rounds of the tournament.

"We were devastated to learn — and are heartbroken to share — that PGA TOUR player Grayson Murray passed away this morning. I am at a loss for words," PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan said in a statement. "

"The PGA TOUR is a family, and when you lose a member of your family, you are never the same. We mourn Grayson and pray for comfort for his loved ones."

Murray was the 58th-ranked player in the world. He bogeyed his final three holes on Thursday before withdrawing.

"Grayson was the absolute best," his caddie, Jay Green, told via text message. "Not only was he an incredible, thoughtful and generous boss, he was an even better friend. He truly would do anything for anyone. He has the best family, and my heart goes out to them. We will all miss him deeply."

Per the Daily Mail: "Murray, who had been open about his battles with alcohol and mental illness, is thought to have been found dead in the upstairs master bedroom."