Mike Glennon signed a massive contract for the Chicago Bears this summer before the team surprisingly traded up to get Mitchell Trubisky.
We got our first look at the Glennon-led Bears Thursday night, and thanks to some heavy pressure, it didn't go great:
This comes after plenty of controversy surrounding the quarterback competition between Glennon, whom the Bears gave a 3-year, $43 million deal in the offseason, and Trubisky.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Glennon was at Soldier Field at a Bears draft party when the announcement was made, and he "felt as though he had been cheated on."
General manager Ryan Pace told Glennon he is still the starting QB, but Glennon is uneasy because he knows management will want Trubisky to be the starter sooner rather than later.
Glennon, 27, was the backup to Jameis Winston in Tampa over the last two years, and he signed the deal with the Bears expecting to be the starter. Pace said he liked Glennon's inner confidence, and he thinks he will handle the situation well.
Head coach John Fox also indicated that Glennon is the starter as of now, but it's obvious Pace wants Trubisky to be the guy, or else he wouldn't have traded several picks to move up one spot to get him.
Having $18.5 million guaranteed is a nice consolation prize, but Glennon will definitely have some trust issues with the Bears' organization moving forward.
(h/t Chicago Tribune)
Enjoy all things sports?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.