Following Sunday’s NASCAR Cup playoff race at Martinsville Speedway, reporters asked Busch about his contact with Brad Keselowski after the race, which is when the driver of the No. 18 car for Joe Gibbs Racing went on a controversial rant against the Team Penske driver.
“He drills my ass coming out of (Turn) 4 for no reason,” Busch said. “Where was he going? What was he going to do? Spin me out? He was trying to do a Harvick is what he was trying to do (Kevin Harvick spun Busch on the last lap of last year’s Martinsville playoff race). For what? For second place? To do what? He wasn’t going to transfer through with that. Freaking r*****ed. So stupid. I don’t understand these guys.”
In response to NASCAR’s decision to take disciplinary actions against Busch, Wood Brothers Racing driver Matt DiBenedetto took to Twitter to give his two cents on the controversy.
“I feel like living on planet Earth in 2021 is permanent sensitivity training,” tweeted DiBenedetto, who also ended the tweet with a laughing emoji.
Soon after, DiBenedetto deleted his Twitter account and posted the following video to Instagram.
Before deleting his Twitter account, DiBenedetto also responded to his own tweet with the following: “Comments below are proving my point. Social media and this day in age made me sad. Attacking people has become the norm even through light hearted humor. We as humans are our own worst enemies.”
Given DiBenedetto’s comments, it should be noted that his contract with Wood Brothers Racing is up after 2021. He’s said that he wants to ultimately land with a team that won’t censor him and will allow him to speak his mind on such issues as religion and patriotism.
Products featured on Fanbuzz are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.