greatest sports promo commercials ever made everyone buzz with excitement for Sunday Night Football, another one aired during the game that had so much backlash that all major news outlets have pulled the 30-second spot from their networks entirely.
When Michael Jordan appeared on the television screen last week, duping everyone about settling the Greatest of All Time debate, it set the stage for a classic SNF showdown with Tom Brady and the New England Patriots against Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers.
When President Donald Trump and his campaign aired an anti-immigrant advertisement, well, there was so much public outcry that NBC — Sunday Night Football’s network — and Fox News announced the ad will no longer air, while CNN refused to run it once, explaining the reason to Donald Trump Jr. on Twitter.
It’s one thing for the public to disagree with an advertisement or political stance. It’s a completely different ballgame when an advertisement sponsored and approved by the President of the United States gets pulled from all mainstream media.
“After further review we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have decided to cease airing it across our properties as soon as possible,” a spokesperson for NBC said in a statement.
“Upon further review, Fox News pulled the ad yesterday and it will not appear on either Fox News Channel or Fox Business Network,” Fox News’ president of advertisement sales Marianne Gambelli said in a statement.
Facebook has stopped airing the ad on its platform, too.
The caravan advertisement, which features Sacramento cop killer Luis Bracamontes and an anti-immigrant message, has been deemed racist and even misleading by some.
This is far from the end of the story about this ad. In fact, it’s just getting started. Just know you won’t be seeing it on any major network ever again.