WWE Monday Night Raw broadcast live from Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio, on the USA Network at 8 p.m. ET.
WWE Monday Night Raw main event: (No. 1 contender's match for Brock Lesnar's Universal Championship) Braun Strowman vs. Kane ends in a double countout
Kane hit the chokeslam on Strowman, but the big man kicked out at two. Kane hit yet another chokeslam on Strowman for only two. The fight hit the outside and the two men brawled through the barricade before the ref hit the 10-count.
Strowman and Kane continued battling on the outside. Both men picked up the stairs, collided and started looking for weapons. Both men ended up laid out in the ring before Kane sat up. Strowman followed suit. Strowman powered out of a chokeslam and connected on a running powerslam through a table inside the ring.
Samoa Joe def. Dean Ambrose via submission
Just as the match started, Jason Jordan walked onto the entrance ramp with a steel chair to watch from afar. Joe put Ambrose to sleep with the Coquina Clutch.
(Intercontinental Championship match) Roman Reigns (c) def. Cesaro via pinfall
Cesaro is the second Bar member of the night to use limb targeting as the main aspect of his match. Cesaro attack Reigns' right shoulder from the bell and landed the spin into the barricade.
Cesaro hit a nasty uppercut for the two, and transitioned into the crossface seamlessly. Reigns worked out of it to land a lift up powerbomb for a two-count.
Reigns fought out of the Neutralizer and hit the spear for the win.
Cedric Alexander def. Ariya Daivari, Tony Nese, Mustafa Ali via pinfall for the right to face Drew Gulak next Monday to become the No. 1 contender for Enzo Amore's Cruiserweight Championship
WWE made the new match after Gulak's expected tilt with Rich Swann was cancelled after his suspension.
Seth Rollins def. Sheamus via pinfall
Sheamus attacked Rollins' knee early in the match, continuing to take it to him with a sharpshotter and picking him up and slamming the knee into the top turnbuckle. Rollins connected on a superplex from the top rope into a falcon arrow for the two-count. Rollins evaded the Brogue Kick and hit the Kingslayer for the win.
WWE Monday Night Raw Best of the Rest
- Raw opened up with a montage detailing how Samoa Joe attacked Reigns, then cost The Shield the tag titles. Joe called out Reigns on the mic. Reigns hit the ring and attacked Joe before Cesaro and Sheamus hit the ring to triple-team the champ. Joe locked in the Coquina Clutch as Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose made the save. Joe and the Bar wore down the Shield and posed as the first segment went to break.
- Paige & Mandy Rose (Sonya Deville) def. Bayley & Mickie James (w/ Sasha Banks) via pinfall
- WOKEN Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt had another promo-off
- Finn Balor def. Curtis Axel (w/ Bo Dallas) via pinfall
- Absolution attacked Asuka. The rest of the women's locker room came out to save Asuka, who took out Paige, Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose
- Jason Jordan rushed into Kurt Angle's office demanding a match against Joe.
WWE Monday Night Raw results leading up to Royal RumbleTweets about from:@totaldivaseps OR from:@WWE OR from:@WWEUniverse
Enjoy all things sports?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.