WWE Extreme Rules rolled in Pittsburgh, Penn., with the billing of a top Pay Per View event. Both the Raw and Smackdown Tag-Team titles were on the line, as well as both Women's Championships, the Intercontinental, United States and WWE Championships being up for grabs at PPG Paints Arena.
AJ Styles defended his WWE Championship, Ronda Rousey got involved from the front row, and Dolph Ziggler outlasted Seth Rollins in a 30-minute Iron Man match to retain the Intercontinental Championship.
One moment, though, stood high above the rest at Extreme Rules.
Braun Strowman and Kevin Owens met in a Steel Cage match. About 10 minutes into the match, the two climbed the cage together, but when they reached the top, all hell broke loose.
Strowman grabbed Owens by the throat and sent him Tom Petty free falling through the announcer's table below.
By rule, the first person to touch the floor wins the match. While Strowman got the last laugh, and was the only man to walk away, he technically lost.
Owens was taken away on a stretcher, as Strowman enjoyed a slow climb down the cage relishing in the chaos.
Strowman, the current holder of the Money In The Bank contract, didn't seem to mind taking the loss.
WWE Extreme Rules Results
- Andrade "Cien" Almas beats Sin Cara
- Sanity scores first win over New Day in a Tables Match
- The B-Team knock off Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt for the RAW Tag Team Titles
- Finn Balor pins Baron Corbin
- Carmella beats Asuka for the Smackdown Women's Championship
- Shinsuke Nakamura steals the United States Championship from Jeff Hardy
- Kevin Owens falls from the cage, still beats Braun Strowman
- The Bludgeon Brothers retain Smackdown Tag Titles beating Team Hell No
- Bobby Lashley beats Roman Reigns, moves one step closer to Universal Championship shot versus Brock Lesnar
- Ronda Rousey gets involved, but Alexa Bliss retains the RAW Women's title over Nia Jax
- AJ Styles hits Rusev with Phenomenal Forearm to retain the WWE Championship
- Dolph Ziggler is still the Intercontinental Champ as he outlasts Seth Rollins in 30-minute Iron Man match
READ MORE: The Rock Might Be Cooking Up an Epic WWE Return
Want More Sports News?
Get the biggest and best sports news sent directly to your inbox.