I need a vacation. I’d guess you probably feel like you need one, too. From summer days fishing on the water to pet-friendly beach getaways, everyone does them differently. But as long as you’re relaxed and surrounded by friends and family, it doesn’t really get much better, right?
For the second year in a row, the Carnival Valor cruise ship will play host to the greatest tailgate party on The Seven Seas. After the success of the first cruise in 2019, Carnival Cruise Line and the University of Alabama are teaming up once again to bring back the ultimate Alabama football vacation.
Crimson Tide Cruise 2020
This isn’t just any ordinary cruise with hundreds of crazy Crimson Tide fans, either. Some of your favorite Alabama sports legends are going to set sail with you, too.
Here’s the short list (with more names coming) of former Alabama football players that’ll be on the cruise, which leaves from New Orleans, Louisiana and will set sail February 10-15, 2020:
- Jonathan Allen (2016 SEC DPOY, plays for Washington Redskins)
- Ryan Anderson (First-Team All-SEC, plays for Washington Redskins)
- Fernando Bryant (3x All-SEC, Super Bowl XLIII Champion)
- Kenyan Drake (2x National Champion, scored winning TD in ‘Miracle in Miami’)
- Robert Foster (2x National Champion, plays for Buffalo Bills)
- Eli Gold (the voice of the Alabama Crimson Tide)
Oakland Raiders, Josh Jacobs (2017 National Champion)
- Dont’a Hightower (2x National Champion, 3x Super Bowl Champion)
- Rashad Johnson (2x First-Team All-SEC)
- Martin Houston (1992 National Champion, host of “The Blitz”)
- Joe Kines (long-time Alabama defensive coordinator)
- Eddie Lacy (3x National Champion, 2013 Pro Bowl selection)
- Derrick Lassic (1992 All-SEC, Super Bowl XXVIII champion)
Antonio Langham (1993 Jim Thorpe Award winner)
- Tyrone Prothro (Made the greatest catch in CFB history)
- Irv Smith Jr. (2017 National Champion, plays for Minnesota Vikings)
- Siran Stacy (2x All-SEC, second-round NFL Draft pick)
- George Teague (2x All-SEC, famous for “The Strip”)
- Prince Wimbley (1992 National Champion)
- Andrew Zow (1999 SEC Champion, 4th on Alabama’s all-time passing yards list)
In addition to meeting these Alabama athletes, plus members of the Crimson Tide spirit squads, the national championship-worthy vacation includes theme nights, live music, comedy shows, charity auctions, autograph sessions, photo opportunities and stops in Yucatan, Mexico and Cozumel. The Western Caribbean island’s dock is loaded with seafront shops and white sandy beaches, as well as opportunities to experience Mayan culture at the Ancient City of Tulum, an ATV jungle adventure, plus you can swim with the dolphins!
Even better, a portion of all the proceeds will benefit Children’s of Alabama pediatric hospital.
If you’re a Bama fan and still haven’t slipped away to book your ocean view room, it’s time you do just that. Click here to visit CrimsonTideCruise.com and get booked for this incredible vacation, but only if your Rammer Jammer spirit is ready to celebrate the most decorated college football program this century. Get ready for a lifetime of memories and a boat load of fun! (Yeah, I went there).
Roll Tide. Cruise Tide!