WWE Monday Night Raw’s 25th anniversary broadcast from the Manhattan Center and the Barclays Center on USA Network at 8 p.m. ET.
Raw opened with Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler in the Manhattan Center. It then shifted over to Shane and Stephanie McMahon in the Barclays Center.
Kurt Angle brought out the entire locker room, including the locker room for Brock Lesnar’s showdown with Braun Strowman, Kane
Strowman and Kane hit the ring, and Paul Heyman said his client, Brock Lesnar, is ready for a fight. Strowman took Kane’s head off with a clothesline, then ran outside and ate a clothesline from Lesnar. Lesnar F-5’d Kane and showed off before Strowman attacked Lesnar and took the top off the announce table. He picked up Lesnar and hit a running powerslam through the table. Strowman’s music hit as Lesnar held his ribs and the title contender celebrated in the ring as Raw went off the air.
WWE Monday Night Raw 25 main event: Balor Club (Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows) def. The Revival (Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder)
The Revival worked over Anderson for a bit before he got the hot tag to Gallows and they connected on the Shatter Machine for the win.
After the match, Dawson turned around Scott Hall before each member of DX took turns taking him out. HBK and Triple H connected on the Sweet Chin Music, pedigree onto Dash Wilder before they called Finn Balor to hit the Coup De Grace.
Degeneration-X returned to the Manhattan Center
Shawn Michaels started to tell old stories, and Triple H said he couldn’t anymore. Triple H then thanked the crowd for helping propel WWE Raw to what it is. He gave shouts to Rick Rude and Chyna before talking about driving the tank to WCW and being in the Manhattan Center every week. Triple H said he didn’t come alone, and Road Dogg and Bad Ass Billy Gunn hit the ring. They called out X-Pac, who then called out Razor Ramon before the final commercial break.
Back from the break, Ramon said Raw 25 was just too sweet before he was interrupted by the Balor Club (Finn Balor, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows) to too sweet DX. The Revival interrupted the moment to start their main event match with Balor Club.
Bray Wyatt def. Woken Matt Hardy via pinfall
Hardy reversed the Sister Abigail seconds into their matchup and had the crowd going with “Delete” chants. Wyatt landed a nasty collision, then hit Sister Abigail for the pinfall.
Thanks to some help from the Miztourage (Bo Dallas & Curtis Axel), The Miz won the Intercontinental championship for the eighth time by defeating Roman Reigns at Raw 25.
Undertaker returned to the Manhattan Center
Undertaker cut a promo on burying his opponents for the last 25 years. He called out Stone Cold, Mick Foley and Kane, who “answered to the reaper.” Undertaker said after 25 years, they all rest in peace. Very odd end to his short promo. There’s got to be more later in the evening.
Stephanie and Shane awarded Vince with a plaque commemorating 25 years of Monday Night Raw. Vince trashed the crowd and said he only had one person to thank — himself. That’s when Stone Cold’s music hit and Austin took to the ring to a HUGE pop. Vince said he’s a senior citizen and Shane is in his prime. Austin shook Shane’s hand, raised his arm and hit a stunner. Vince got a couple of beers and handed one to Stone Cold, saying Shane had it coming. Vince drank from the beer, hugged Austin, then took a stunner for old time’s sake.
Shane got up again, drank some beer with Austin and took another stunner.
WWE Monday Night Raw best of the rest:
- Raw remembered some of the best moments from the past 25 years to open the show.
- Asuka, Sasha Banks, Bayley & Mickie James def. Nia Jax, Alicia Fox & Absolution (Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose) (w/ Paige) via submission. After the match, Asuka attacked all of her partners and tossed them over the top rope.
- The Coach, Harvey Wippleman, Brooklyn Brawler, Teddy Long, Brother Love and the Boogeyman showed up in general manager Kurt Angle’s office.
- The APA was playing cards with Rhyno and Heath Slater backstage when the “Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase jumped into the game. Back to the game, MVP, Jeff Hardy and the Usos were playing poker. Apollo Crews and Natalya Neidhart joined in on the poker game, with Slater continuing to lose.
- WWE paid tribute to former Raw general managers John Laurinaitis, William Regal, Eric Bischoff and Smackdown general manager Daniel Bryan. The Miz broke up Bryan’s celebration to make his entrance to face off with Roman Reigns for the Intercontinental championship.
- Back in the ring, Christian was in the ring for the Peep Show and he called for the tag team champions, Jason Jordan and Seth Rollins. “The Bar,” Cesaro and Sheamus came out and led the crowd in a “You Suck” chant against Jordan. Jordan and Rollins got into with The Bar, and Rollins accidentally took out his partner, Jordan.
- Alexa Bliss was cutting a promo when Charlotte Flair interrupted her and said she is only the champion because Ric Flair’s daughter isn’t on Raw.
- The Bella Twins, Maryse, Kelly Kelly, Lilian Garcia, Jacqueline, Torrie Wilson, Michelle McCool, Terri Runnels, Maria Kanellis and Trish Stratus all were introduced
- Chris Jericho showed up and confronted Elias, sang him a song and told him he made the list, all while wearing an Alpha Club shirt.
- In the ring, Elias started to play, then called on Jimmy Fallon before singing a song calling out legends from over the years. John Cena interrupted him and hit him with the five-knuckle shuffle. Elias hit Cena with a low blow, then cracked his guitar over Cena’s head.
- Backstage, The Godfather introduced Mark Henry aka Sexual Chocolate to his wife, Olivia.
- Titus Worldwide (Titus O’Neil & Apollo Crews w/ Dana Brooke) vs. Heath Slater & Rhyno went to a no contest, and the Dudley Boyz hit the ring. Rhyno turned on Slater and tossed him into the ring to get 3-D’d through a table.
- AJ Styles cut a promo on his handicap WWE championship match against Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn with Mene Gene Okerlund.